We are excited to host the Evanston Bluegrass Festival at the Roundhouse & Railyards Complex.
Constructed in 1912-1914 by Union Pacific Railroad, the complex features one of the last intact roundhouses on the UPRR line. The building features curved walls that stand 80 feet high and large floor-to-ceiling windows.
In 2009, the City of Evanston began refurbishing the first of the Roundhouse’s four sections. The bi-level structure includes a spacious gallery, an upper-level lounge, three small boardrooms, and/or one large classroom. It also contains an elevator and two kitchenettes. With a state-of-the-art audio/visual system, stages, and chairs, the Roundhouse is the perfect venue for the Evanston Bluegrass Festival.
Portions of the Evanston Bluegrass Festival will also be held in the Machine Shop (renovated in 2004), the J.T. & Phyllis Patterson Visitor Center (formerly the “Oil House”, the Superintendent’s Office and the Wash House.