Information for Potential Clinicians
Young Musicians Festival Philosophy The Young Musicians Festival annually serves around 100 – 150 participants, from elementary-aged students through adults. Most choose to participate in the festival competition, which awards place ribbons in each bracket and scholarships to the annual summer MAT Camp sponsored by The Arts Inc, based on scores. Though the competition is exciting, personal musical enrichment and growth is the ultimate goal of the festival. Personal achievement is recognized at the highest level with Superior rank pins. Recommendation to play at the Honors Concert is an honor not tied to scores. With the help of professional clinicians, the Young Musicians Festival offers a high-quality musical growth experience in the comfort of small-town friendliness.
- As an adjudicator, evaluate and score solo and small ensemble performances and give written and verbal feedback
- Work with large ensembles in 1/2 to 1 hour clinics (band, vocal, strings) No paperwork is required
- Develop and present two 30-45 minute workshops for various age groups
- Recommend performers for the Honors Concert
Workshops Two workshops will be presented by the clinician. Workshops need to be aimed at different age groups, or occasionally they can apply universally to all ages. Workshop topics, titles, and descriptions are to be developed by the clinician. Past workshop ideas are given here to show an example of the variety and scope that is possible. Feel free to include some of your own performance in workshops.
Documents (For preview only. Hard copies will be provided for reference and use, at the festival.)
- INSTRUCTIONS for performance evaluations/scoring and honors concert recommendations.
- SOLO Performance Evaluation Form
- ENSEMBLE Performance Evaluation Form
- HONORS CONCERT Recommendation Form
- Clinicians are required to be at the festival site on festival Saturday for a short meeting at 7:30 a.m. Festival activities run from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m with a lunch break. Occasionally, the scheduled events will end earlier than 4:00. The clinician is free to leave after all respective division events are over and all required paperwork is turned in (evaluation forms, participation certificates, and Honors Concert Recommendation form.)
- Host homes can be arranged, upon request, for clinicians traveling to Evanston on Friday.
- Dinner on Friday and breakfast on Saturday are provided by host families if desired. Coffee, snacks, fruit, and lunch are provided during the festival on Saturday.
- Clinician bio and photo is required for promotional purposes.